Thursday, March 13, 2014

My recent experience with Massage Therapy

I went to a spa resort last weekend where I got a whole body massage. The experience was so exciting that I thought I’d share it with you in order to make you aware of the great effects and to motivate you to go for one yourself.

Working through the week, and resting through the weekend – this becomes the routine after a while, and things start getting monotonous. I’m sure this resonates with most of you. At a certain point of time, you desperately need a break! So, I took that much-needed break, and we went on a weekend getaway to a place about 100 miles from our home. This is a resort spa, and it has beautifully landscaped gardens with fountains, birds chirping, and geese flocking all over the place. Trust me, the place itself was truly invigorating.

I went for a whole-body massage there. This was a 90-minute session. The massage therapist first introduced herself, then went on to explain the massage she would be performing. She explained to me that I would be given a Swedish massage. Swedish massage is a relaxing type of massage, and does not involve lots of pressure. Those are therapeutic massages, and are performed by trained, licensed massage therapists. The therapist told me that she would be using a mix of medicated oils for lubrication during the massage.

The massage started with a head massage. I really liked the way the therapist did this. She first started with some gentle strokes, and then went on to slightly firmer movements. She told me that these movements warm up the scalp, releasing tension and promoting relaxation. Following the head massage, she went for the neck and shoulders, which she did well at. Following these initial massages, I was advised to lie down on a massage table face down. The therapist then started with the back and used a variety of massage strokes – kneading, stretching, tapping, and pressing. What came as a surprise to me was her use of a hot pouch-like thing that she kept placing over my back, while applying slight pressure. This one felt awesome. Following the back massage, the therapist went on to massage my legs and then my arms. This was extremely relaxing and I loved how perfectly she used her skill – the pressure she applied was just right!

It was actually after the massage session that I came to fully realize its true effects. That night, I slept like a baby! I could feel my entire body relax and feel refreshed the next day! There are great benefits attached to massage therapy. I definitely recommend for you to indulge in massages and pamper yourselves at least once a month or very other month. It’s just awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment